Friday, November 27, 2009

Open Studios Oct 23 to 25, 2009


I participated in Artspan's Open Studios this Fall by exhibiting my monotypes and etchings at The Clay Studio, SOMA, in San Francisco.

The show was so well attended that my little workspace was crowded all weekend. I met many wonderful new art enthusiasts, and got to re-connect with friends and collectors I had met in previous years.

It was very exciting to see the etchings and monotypes hanging together and really get a feel for the interconnectedness of my work. I work in several themes: Atmospheres, Dreamers, Explorers, Making Light, Missing Light, all having to do with our spiritual experiences.

When I got to take a look at the pictures that were taken over the weekend, I realized that the main enjoyment for me during Open Studios is talking about my work to so many visitors.