Monday, September 26, 2016

Fall 2016


I have had a website since 1995. Back then it was the "Strapless Magazine," hosted by a fox-headed woman in a cocktail dress.  I used to say, "It doesn't really exist if it is not on the internet."

I feel that, maybe, I haven't been existing in all possible planes this year: the twilight of surgery in February, bouncing around cities in the Spring (Chicago, Washington, D.C.), still foggy from that twilight and with quite a limp, seem like some fantasy, someone else was there for all that.

I returned to San Francisco and fell into an obsession, madly drawing lost boys, street fashion, birds and more birds.

My website, www.wideeyescottage.com, has been inert all year. I have written all my interesting blog posts in a spiral sketchpad where they just keep piling up without really existing here on the blog. (They seem to be nudging each other inside the cover of the sketchpad, smirking and squirming around like some naughty kids left waiting too long.)

And now it's October when I start having lots of shows. All the images and obsessed ideas are being stuffed into frames, into boxes, under glass, photographed, described, judged. And finally, sensing the next lap, I write here. I update wideeyescottage.com, I post @jzjade, I make postcards, get published in Artspan Open Studios Guide.

I think I will introduce the shows in more detail in upcoming posts, here I will list them in invitation: Please come by and see what I and my fellow San Francisco artists have been doing this year!

Fading Boys
Merchants of Reality
October 21 to 23
285 9th At @ Folsom
San Francisco
Opening Party:
October 21,  7:00 - 9:00 pm

New Work
Artspan Open Studios Exhibition
October 7 to November 6
SOMARTS
934 Brannan @ 8th
Reception
October 6,  6:30 to 9:00 pm

Neighborhood Scenes
Problem Library
October 1 to 30
1288 15th Street @ Irving
San Francisco
Opening Party
October 28,  5:30 - 9:00 pm

A Woman and Her Raven
SFWA Artists Gallery
October 1 to October 30
647 Irving @ 8th
San Francsico
Opening Party
October 28, 5:30 - 8:00 pm

New Monotypes
Chrysalis Studio
November 15
SOMARTS
934 Brannan @ 8th
Reception:
November, 15 7:00 to 9:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: