Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hot Off The Press


You're Not Here


I had a spur-of-the-moment opportunity to print at Katie Gilmartin's Chrysalis Studio this week. I went with no plans or sketches and had a great time making some new monotypes.

It turned out that I made four prints of figures. Two are ritual dancers which were a continuation of ideas in some prints I made late last year. One, my favorite, is in the Dangerous Room series, which I have yet to fully develop. It is someone waiting in a dark apartment, called "You're not Here" . The fourth is a warmup, maybe a female spirit.

I will be showing these fresh new prints at the annual Chrysalis Studio Show at SOMARTS on Thursday, November 18, from 7 to 9 pm. There will be food and drink, as well as printing demonstrations. SOMARTS is at 934 Brannan Street, at 8th, in San Francisco. All are invited.



 Spirit Dancer




Ritual

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: